Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

DeDUCKtion..another Duck Tale






The duck strikes again...

This morning Drew celebrated his first day as an official crawler with a nice big mouthful of yellow duck hair. Unfortunately, duck hair is not an approved Level 2 baby food, and the choking sounds and accompanying gagging expression were enough to make my heart stop. When I finally gasped for air, I scooped Drew up, screamed for Marty, and began patting his back. Marty swooped in, and by the time he started checking for an open airway, Drew was laughing and bopping.

I totally expect that his hairball will pass in a future poo unless I find him, like one of the cats, in the corner, coughing it up.

The duck, on the other hand, did not fare as well.

First, I put him in time-out on the mantle for the day. After thinking long and hard, I decided we would not send him to Ole McDonald's Farm, but would seek to rehabilitate him with a duck cut--a little deDUCKtion, if you will.



Until we quack again, waddle on my friends...

1 comment:

Juile said...

Melissa dear, you quack me up!!! I hope KK fairs better with her haircut tomorrow. That duck is hilarious!!!!! KK just looked at the picture and said "uh oh duck." That about sums it up. Glad Drew-bear is alright. Hang in there, Mommy. It's a rough road sometimes, but your sense of humor is inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...